The Archive

Friday, December 14, 2012

Chess Game 1

Note: This game, and most others in the future unless otherwise noted, was played at www.gameknot.com

In 2009 and 2010 I played quite a few games hosted by chess.com on Facebook. The best and worst can be found at the pages linked to in the right column.

Yesterday, I started out playing online chess again by taking the black pieces in an open challenge. It was accepted by an 1135-rated player (+948 -1348 =38). He played like it in the opening, but I really started over-thinking in the middle game. Up a bishop and three pawns (although the third pawn was a bit greedy, and the extra bishop was long useless, as you might see), I had some trouble bringing the point home. Hopefully, it's just part of shaking off the rust.

My notes as taken during the game are included as annotations.


No comments: